Get Your Self-Care On with Ava Dean Beauty
Have you ever heard the saying, “You can’t pour from an empty cup”?
Taking care of yourself, first and foremost, is crucial before you can take care of anyone else. Practicing self-care can better your physical, mental and emotional health.
We’re going to challenge you to think about your day-to-day routine. Do you fit time in to take care of yourself?
Whether it be a morning meditation for your mind, a workout to help your physical self, or even scheduling in a bubble bath for the end of your long work week, setting aside time for you AND making sure it happens is necessary. (Yes, that means actually adding it to your schedule, if you need to!)
If an at-home manicure sounds appealing, but maybe a bit intimidating, we’ve got some very simple steps for you to follow that’ll not only give you beautiful nails, but a few well-deserved minutes to yourself.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Nail polish remover and cotton balls
- Warm, soapy water to soak your hands
- Hand towel
- Cuticle scissors or cuticle pusher
- Your favorite Ava Dean nail polish
- Use nail polish remover to remove any leftover or chipped polish from your nails.
- Relax and allow your hands to soak in warm, soapy water for a few minutes.
- Once your cuticles are clean and soft, push or trim them back with the cuticle pusher and/or scissors.
- Grab your favorite Ava Dean nail polish and begin applying your first coat.
- Add a second coat, if you choose, or top it with the clear coat (link).
- After three days, add another clear top to extend the life of your new polish!
See? It’s that simple to take some time for you! Give yourself 30 minutes from your 168 hour week to follow these steps and we’re confident that you will smile every time you look at your nails.